Your deck is an integral part of your home. It’s where you relax in the sun, meet up, and enjoy the outdoors on sunny days. However, your deck will show red flags of deterioration over time.
Deck repairing and staining is a long-drawn-out process. No one wants to spend their precious summer weekends toiling away on deck repairs. That’s why it’s crucial to find a reliable and affordable handyman to care for your deck repair and staining needs.
In this write-up, you will find our research-based information on the best deck repair and staining handyman in Fairfax, VA, which is highly rated and highly recommended. So, you can rest assured that your deck repairs will be in good hands!
Things that You Need for Deck Repairing and Staining
Here is a quick rundown of everything you’ll need for deck repair and staining, from sandpaper to paintbrushes to safety gear.
- Safety gear: you’ll need to wear gloves, a respirator, and goggles to protect yourself from chemicals.
- Sandpaper: to rough up the deck’s surface and prep it for staining.
- Deck restoration paint or stain: choose a stain that is appropriate for your deck type.
- Paintbrushes: apply the stain to the deck.
- Tarps: to protect your deck and surrounding area from stains.
Things that Can Damage Your Deck
A professional will watch out for the following services to protect your deck from abrasive damage.
- Offering protective measures to avoid heavy foot traffic that can wear down the surface of your deck, making it more susceptible to damage.
- Monitoring exposure to sunlight can cause the wood to become brittle.
- Keeping track of Water to prevent swelling and warping of deck material.
- Controlling termites and other insects that can cause structural impairment.
Basic Deck Repairing and Staining Steps
Even though deck restoration and deck staining can be a time-consuming task, you can follow these basic steps to get started:
- First, you will need to remove any old stains from your deck. For that, sanding and power washing the surface will do the job.
- Next, you will need to repair any damaged boards, including replacing boards, nails, or screws.
- Once your deck is restored, you need to clean it with a garden hose, a pressure washer, or a scrub brush. Some deck cleaning products are sodium hypochlorite, percarbonate, hydroxide, and oxalic acid.
- After your deck is clean, you will need to apply a new protective coat of stain or paint. For new wood, transparent stains and clear finishes work like magic, but a semi transparent stain is preferable for older decks.
- Finally, you can reuse your deck after letting the stain sit for 24 hours.
Deck Repairing and Staining Services in Fairfax, VA
If you have a busy schedule, trex decking can be hectic Fortunately, there are some highly recommended deck repairing and staining handyman services in Fairfax, VA, which you can check out below:
Jim the Handyman Deck Repairing and Staining Services in Fairfax, VA
Jim the Handyman has been a successful family-run business since 1984. It offers a wide range of services to keep your deck in top shape all year. From repairs to staining, Jim the Handyman is your one-stop shop for all your deck needs.
If you live in Northern Virginia, you can rely on Jim the Handyman for a top-tier appearance of your deck. Following are some Deck Repairing and Staining services offered by Jim the Handyman:
● Deck Staining and Re-staining
● Board replacement
● Stair replacement
● Screen and sliding glass door
The above-described process will give your deck a brand-new look. Moreover, if you’re in Fairfax, VA, and you’re looking for the best deck repairing and staining handyman services, look no further than Jim the Handyman. It offers services such as board replacement, railing, draining, etc. If you have any questions, reach out to us. read latest post about How to Build Deck Footings Without Digging Holes?